YWiB UBC is launching the next round of their Internship Program very soon! This program is designed to give program members the opportunity to:
- Gain relevant work experience and additional skills to enhance their resume
- Gain practical skills and hands-on training in the workplace
- Develop their network and build professional and industry contacts
- A chance to test-drive a job and identify whether it is something they would like to pursue
- Learn how the knowledge and skills developed in the classroom transfer to the workplace
We are currently looking for a Program Assistant to help coordinate this program!
Internship Program Assistant
- Expand your network and establish connections with employing companies and professionals presenting at our events
- Gain hands-on experience in planning and executing a variety of events and workshops
Are you the ultimate people person looking to get involved and share your strong ideas and visions? You will get the chance to work in an assortment of settings and let your creativity run wild by designing monthly events that fit the needs and goals of program members. The Internship Program Assistant also works closely with professionals and workshop presenters to help plan the mandatory workshop and training session components of the program. You will be given the opportunity to plan not only events where you’ll gain hands-on experience dealing with business professionals, but also social events for program members to both network and build important skills.
REQUIREMENTS: Essentially you will be the Internship Program representative on campus working very closely with the external program coordinators, therefore:
- Must be available to attend weekly UBC YWiB meetings held on campus
- Must be available to help organize on campus promotions
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume along with your availability and a letter of intent that outlines the position you are applying for, why you would like to become involved with YWiB and what skills or experiences you have that may assist you in excelling in the position you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday January 20th.