Fall of 2012 was an amazing time for us at YWiB SFU. There were many accomplishments, many learning experiences, and there is much to be proud of. As our Spring semester begins, the team has been reflecting on our favourite moments from last semester:
- First and foremost, our Launch Party! Throughout the evening, over 250 ladies (and a few gentlemen) mingled, laughed, and learned all about YWiB SFU! It was a great event, and the whole team was very proud of everything we accomplished. The success of this event is no doubt responsible for the increase in membership applications we received this year - we were proud to welcome nearly 120 new YWiB members to our family! Read more about Launch Party here.
- Another highlight for the team was our very first workshop of the year, Impression Management. Though we have held other (equally impressive) events since then, the first one of the year is always special. It was great to see everything come together, after a summer of planning, and to enjoy how well we work together as a team. We are so grateful to our awesome speakers, Margaret Page and Anda Prunianu, without whom this workshop would not have left such a wonderful impression! Read more about Impression Management here.
- One of our largest philanthropy events of the semester, our Find Your Passion workshop, tops the list for many. Our friend and a great supporter of YWiB, Loretta Cella, graciously donated her time for a two day workshop with a select group of our members. Throughout the workshop, attendees were encouraged to set goals, self-reflect, and take responsibility for themselves. It was an eye-opening and valuable experience for all who attended! Read more about Find Your Passion here.
While we are proud of all of our events and socials, these are just a sample of those that stuck out for us. Other highlights include our Wine Social, second workshop on Workplace Harmony, Education Generation's Birthday Fiesta, and our Holiday Dinner!
As we reflect on 2012, we also look ahead to some of the amazing things we have planned for the upcoming semester! Some of these (which are sure to be highlights!) include:
- Project GIVE's upcoming collaboration with Social Entrepreneurship SFU for Business Plans 101! Featuring a couple of really inspiring speakers, this is definitely an event not to be missed for all of our future entrepreneurs! You can RSVP here.
- Our first workshop of 2013, Holistic Living! Focusing on a holistic lifestyle, including physical, emotional, and mental health, our impressive list of presenters are sure to teach as all something new! RSVP for our workshop here.
- Planning is officially underway for our 2013 International Women's Day Conference! Our team is working hard to make this year our best yet. The conference will be occurring on Saturday, March 9, with more information coming your way soon. To stay up to date on all IWD related updates, follow us on Twitter @YWiBsfu and like us on Facebook at YWiB SFU.
Regardless of what 2013 brings, we know that between our sister chapters and our members, we are in good hands. We can't wait to see what the next year brings - what are you most looking forward to in 2013?