As we sometimes find it quite confusing at times to know where as a young women, do I fit into the picture of women business networks, we thought we would compile a list and share it. We hope that it would be as valuable a resource to you as it is to us. Please note that the list below are women business networks and is still a work in progress. Please also feel free to share additional women business networks that we might have missed out! 1) Association of Women in Finance: dedicated to promoting women in finance‐related industries by encouraging their advancement, development and involvement in the business community.
2) Association of Women Business Owners: to support and encourage women in business through regular dinner meetings held at The Terminal City Club with topical presentations from leading speakers and business people that can offer practical and applicable business ideas to help your business grow and prosper.
3) Canada’s Most Powerful Women: Top 100: these awards honour women who are proven achievers in the private, public and not‐for‐profit sectors.
4) The Connected Woman: a professional resource network for women executives and entrepreneurs who desire to participate in an organization that is all about the reciprocal process of exchanging knowledge, experience and expertise.
5) eWomen Network: the fastest growing international membership‐based professional women’s promotional and networking organization in North America. We offer women of all occupations and professions new opportunities to transact business with one another and to leverage collective purchasing power.
6) Forum for Women Entrepreneurs: to mentor and educate women entrepreneurs through leading‐edge professional programs and to facilitate connections within the business community.
7) Influential Women in Business Awards: B.C.'s outstanding business women in private or public sector companies based on the criteria of professional accomplishments, influence, and business community involvement
8 ) Ladies Who Launch: offers women a supportive environment in which to explore making their dreams – whether writing a book, launching a new business, switching careers, or starting a social cause – a reality.
9) Momcafe: to provide a forum to connect and inspire women. Through meetings, seminars and internet‐based communication tools, we bring positive and inspiring role models to speak to momcafé.
10) Professional Women's Network
11) The Minerva Foundation for BC Women: inspire and empower women and girls to reach their full potential by creating opportunities and offering programs through trusted partnerships in the areas of education, leadership development, economic security, and safety.
12) Valley Women’s Network: dedicated to bringing together women from all walks of life so that they may share and support each other’s goals and interests, exchange ideas, and encourage both learning from their peers and set a good example for others.
13) Westcoast Moms: two distinct online communities with a moms perspective on the world and celebrating motherhood with a West Coast flair.
14) Women of Whistler: to provide an opportunity for Whistler businesswomen to network, gain knowledge and share ideas in a friendly, relaxed environment.
15) Women’s Enterprise Centre: BC’s leading resource for women entrepreneurs, offering skills development, business loans, free business guidance, business resources, mentoring, networking and events!
16) Wired Women: to create an environment that encourages women to explore opportunities in technology, science and new media and to build successful careers that will allow them to become a driving force in these expanding sectors.
17) Women’s Executive Network: creates and delivers innovative networking, mentoring, professional and personal development to support and recognize executive‐minded women and their organizations in the pursuit of excellence.
18) Women’s Leadership Circle: designed to deliver programs, speakers, topics and other events that will enable The Board of Trade be more engaged with women in the community and to help women feel more engaged with The Board.
20) Young Executives for Success: women make new and powerful connections with other women at our events and they also have a positive impact on the lives of disadvantaged women in our community through support of Dress for Success.
21) YWiB: to connect young women with the resources and support to achieve success on their own terms and to become engaged members in their communities.