Last Monday we held an event: Carving Your Path, with Andrea Scott of skoah & Deanne Schweitzer of lululemon. The event focused on finding or creating a workplace based on your values and passions, and creating goals to achieve personal and professional success. We had a great time at the event and you can check out our full take-aways here or check out the tweets under #CYP. One of the things we really value at our events is hearing from our awesome attendees on how it went, what they loved, and what we can improve for future events! We've compiled all the feedback (thank you all so so much for taking the time to provide it, we had 95% of attendees provide their thoughts) and have gone through it- follow this link for the full list of all the feedback points given (we like to be super transparent with our events- after all, that's how we make sure we & you can hold us accountable to keep improving!).
- you loved our speakers and the topic we talked about, some great take-aways came out of it
- the atmosphere & feel of the event was super comfortable and open
- next time, we need to make sure the space we hold our event at is comfortable for all and everyone can see & hear clearly
- keep thinking about how we can balance the length of the event with providing additional networking and interaction activities
- always include the answer to the questions of "how" to apply what we're learning (I'll throw it out there and say that asking someone from a prospectus company out for coffee will tell you a lot about their culture- just ask them what they think the company's goals, mission, and priorities are- you'll learn lots!!)